Currently I work at the Institute for Geometry at TU Dresden, hosted by Andreas Thom, supported by the Humboldt Foundation. Since September 1, 2016 I have been on unpaid leave from the Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences where I hold a researcher position.
I am interested in discrete mathematical structures, and graphs in particular. Most of my work has been in extremal graph theory. I also work on the recently emerged theory of graph limits, and on the links this theory provides to fields such as real analysis and probability theory.
Several problems I like may be suitable as student projects and I would be happy to discuss them. However, currently I do not have the capacity to oficially supervise students in Prague. If you are a hard-working student interested in extremal graph theory, graph limits, random graphs, or similar you may want to talk to the members of the Extremal graph theory group at the Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
Zdenek Dvorak and I organized in August 2016 the first edition of what we hope to become a tradition of biennial Prague Schools on Discrete Mathematics. More can be found here. An article about the School appeared in the last issue of the Academic bulletin. [here]
I organised (with Artur Czumaj an Diana Piguet) Workshop on Extremal and Probabilistic Combinatorics in July 2010 in England.
I organised (with Marek Krcal Bernard Lidicky, and Zuzana Safernova) Spring Schools in Combinatorics 2007 and 2008 in Czech Republic.
Recent and upcoming talks and stays
... and older talks here.
- Oct 28: talk "Relating the cut-distance and weak* convergence for graphons", Seminar Algebra-Geometrie-Kombinatorik , TU Dresden, Germany.
- Sep 11 - Sep 15, 2017: talk "Cut-norm and entropy minimization over weak* limits" [slides], OeMG-DMV-Congress 2017, Salzburg, Austria.
- Aug 28 - Sep 1, 2017, talks "First steps in combinatorial optimization on graphons: Matchings" and "Packing degenerate graphs greedily" [slides], Eurocomb, Vienna, Austria.
- Jul 3-7, 2017: invited talk "Tilings in graphons" at mini-symposium "Emerging Method in Extremal Combinatorics", as a part of the British Combinatorial Conference, University of Strathclyde. [slides]
- May 16, 23, 30, 2017: Graduate Lectures on Szemeredi's regularity lemma, TU Dresden
- Mar 24, 2017: talk on Uniform spanning tree and limits of dense graphs [slides], Extremal graph theory seminar, Computer Science Institute, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Nov 25-Dec 9, 2016: Tel Aviv University; seminar on Clique number of inhomogeneous random graphs.
- Nov 10, 2016: talk on Extremal graph theory [slides], External meeting of the Maths Institute of Czech Academy of Sciences
- Oct 31, 2016: talk on Graph Limits [slides], Seminar on stochastic evolution equations, UTIA
- Aug 20-Sep 3, 2016: Oberwolfach Research in pairs, with Lukasz Grabowski and Oleg Pikhurko
My Wikipedia profile including links to maths articles I have contributed to can be found here.