Currently I work at the Institute for Geometry at TU Dresden, hosted by Andreas Thom, supported by the Humboldt Foundation. Since September 1, 2016 I have been on unpaid leave from the Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences where I hold a researcher position. I am on parental leave from April 1 until August 1, 2018. For this reason I cannot accept any requests for refereeing/reviews.
I am interested in discrete mathematical structures, and graphs in particular. Most of my work has been in extremal graph theory. I also work on the recently emerged theory of graph limits, and on the links this theory provides to fields such as real analysis and probability theory.
NEW In July 2018 there will be a 2nd edition of the Prague Schools on Discrete Mathematics. Details will keep appearing here.
NEW I am organizing a workshop on graph limits in the beautiful nature of Bohemian Switzerland in March 2018. Details will keep appearing here.
Zdenek Dvorak and I organized in August 2016 the first edition of what we hope to become a tradition of biennial Prague Schools on Discrete Mathematics. More can be found here. An article about the School appeared in the last issue of the Academic bulletin. [here]
I organised (with Artur Czumaj an Diana Piguet) Workshop on Extremal and Probabilistic Combinatorics in July 2010 in England.
I organised (with Marek Krcal Bernard Lidicky, and Zuzana Safernova) Spring Schools in Combinatorics 2007 and 2008 in Czech Republic.
Recent and upcoming talks and stays
... and older talks here.
- Dec 17-21, 2018, Workshop Structure and randomness in hypergraphs, London School of Economics, UK
- Aug 27-31, 2018, The 1st Southwestern German Workshop on Graph Theory, Durlach-Thomashof, Germany
- Jan 29-Feb 2, 2018, International Workshop on Graph Limits, Lyon, France. [slides]
- Nov 8-9, 2017: Matematika bitcoinu [ceske slidy], Mathematics of bitcoins [English presentations], v ramci Tydne vedy a techniky Akademie ved Ceske republiky.
- Oct 28, 2017: talk "Relating the cut-distance and weak* convergence for graphons", Seminar Algebra-Geometrie-Kombinatorik , TU Dresden, Germany.
- Sep 11 - Sep 15, 2017: talk "Cut-norm and entropy minimization over weak* limits" [slides], OeMG-DMV-Congress 2017, Salzburg, Austria.
- Aug 28 - Sep 1, 2017, talks "First steps in combinatorial optimization on graphons: Matchings" and "Packing degenerate graphs greedily" [slides], Eurocomb, Vienna, Austria.
- Jul 3-7, 2017: invited talk "Tilings in graphons" at mini-symposium "Emerging Method in Extremal Combinatorics", as a part of the British Combinatorial Conference, University of Strathclyde. [slides]
My Wikipedia profile including links to maths articles I have contributed to can be found here.