I am a researcher at the Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
I am interested in discrete mathematical structures, and graphs in particular. Most of my work has been in extremal graph theory. I also work on the recently emerged theory of graph limits, and on the links this theory provides to fields such as real analysis and probability theory.
Project Graph limits and inhomogeneous random graphs.
We have a vivid collaboration with the Extremal graph theory group at the Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences, and in particular we have a joint seminar.
Events that I coorganized
Recent and upcoming talks and stays
... and older talks here.
- Dec 17-21, 2018, Workshop Structure and randomness in hypergraphs, London School of Economics, UK
- Aug 27-31, 2018, The 1st Southwestern German Workshop on Graph Theory, Durlach-Thomashof, Germany. [slides]
- Mar 25-30, 2018, Workshop Graph Limits in Bohemian Switzerland, Janov, Czechia
- Mar 14, 2018, Matematika bitcoinu, Skoda Auto, Mlada Boleslav
- Feb 20, 2018, Matematika bitcoinu, Science to Go, Skautsky Institut, Praha. [slidy]
- Jan 29-Feb 2, 2018, International Workshop on Graph Limits, Lyon, France. [slides]
- Nov 8-9, 2017: Matematika bitcoinu [ceske slidy], Mathematics of bitcoins [English presentations], v ramci Tydne vedy a techniky Akademie ved Ceske republiky.
- Oct 28, 2017: talk "Relating the cut-distance and weak* convergence for graphons", Seminar Algebra-Geometrie-Kombinatorik , TU Dresden, Germany.
- Sep 11 - Sep 15, 2017: talk "Cut-norm and entropy minimization over weak* limits" [slides], OeMG-DMV-Congress 2017, Salzburg, Austria.
- Aug 28 - Sep 1, 2017, talks "First steps in combinatorial optimization on graphons: Matchings" and "Packing degenerate graphs greedily" [slides], Eurocomb, Vienna, Austria.
- Jul 3-7, 2017: invited talk "Tilings in graphons" at mini-symposium "Emerging Method in Extremal Combinatorics", as a part of the British Combinatorial Conference, University of Strathclyde. [slides]
My Wikipedia profile including links to maths articles I have contributed to can be found here.