Currently I work at the Institute for Geometry at TU Dresden, hosted by Andreas Thom, supported by the Humboldt Foundation. Since September 1, 2016 I have been on unpaid leave from the Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences where I hold a researcher position.
I am interested in discrete mathematical structures, and graphs in particular. Most of my work has been in extremal graph theory. I also work on the recently emerged theory of graph limits, and on the links this theory provides to fields such as real analysis and probability theory.
NEW A three-year project Graph Limits and Inhomogenous Random Graphs, funded by the Czech Science Foundation, will start at the Institute of Mathematics of the Czech Academy of Sciences in January 2018. I am the principal investigator of the project and will join it in August 2018. There will be an opening for a postodoc/researcher position officially advertised soon. Also, group
Extremal graph theory group at the Institute of Computer Science of the Czech Academy of Sciences is currently advertising a position in the related field of extremal graph theory. More information on the webpage of the group.
NEW In July 2018 there will be a 2nd edition of the Prague Schools on Discrete Mathematics. Details will keep appearing here.
NEW I am organizing a workshop on graph limits in the beautiful nature of Bohemian Switzerland in March 2018. Details will keep appearing here.
Zdenek Dvorak and I organized in August 2016 the first edition of what we hope to become a tradition of biennial Prague Schools on Discrete Mathematics. More can be found here. An article about the School appeared in the last issue of the Academic bulletin. [here]
I organised (with Artur Czumaj an Diana Piguet) Workshop on Extremal and Probabilistic Combinatorics in July 2010 in England.
I organised (with Marek Krcal Bernard Lidicky, and Zuzana Safernova) Spring Schools in Combinatorics 2007 and 2008 in Czech Republic.
Recent and upcoming talks and stays
... and older talks here.
- Jan 29-Feb 2, 2018, International Workshop on Graph Limits, Lyon, France.
- Nov 8-9, 2017: Matematika bitcoinu [ceske slidy], Mathematics of bitcoins [English presentations], v ramci Tydne vedy a techniky Akademie ved Ceske republiky.
- Oct 28, 2017: talk "Relating the cut-distance and weak* convergence for graphons", Seminar Algebra-Geometrie-Kombinatorik , TU Dresden, Germany.
- Sep 11 - Sep 15, 2017: talk "Cut-norm and entropy minimization over weak* limits" [slides], OeMG-DMV-Congress 2017, Salzburg, Austria.
- Aug 28 - Sep 1, 2017, talks "First steps in combinatorial optimization on graphons: Matchings" and "Packing degenerate graphs greedily" [slides], Eurocomb, Vienna, Austria.
- Jul 3-7, 2017: invited talk "Tilings in graphons" at mini-symposium "Emerging Method in Extremal Combinatorics", as a part of the British Combinatorial Conference, University of Strathclyde. [slides]
- May 16, 23, 30, 2017: Graduate Lectures on Szemeredi's regularity lemma, TU Dresden
- Mar 24, 2017: talk on Uniform spanning tree and limits of dense graphs [slides], Extremal graph theory seminar, Computer Science Institute, Czech Academy of Sciences
- Nov 25-Dec 9, 2016: Tel Aviv University; seminar on Clique number of inhomogeneous random graphs.
- Nov 10, 2016: talk on Extremal graph theory [slides], External meeting of the Maths Institute of Czech Academy of Sciences
- Oct 31, 2016: talk on Graph Limits [slides], Seminar on stochastic evolution equations, UTIA
- Aug 20-Sep 3, 2016: Oberwolfach Research in pairs, with Lukasz Grabowski and Oleg Pikhurko
My Wikipedia profile including links to maths articles I have contributed to can be found here.